Daw Ni Ni Naing Collection
Daw Ni Ni Naing
Librarian, Universities’ Central Library,
Date of Birth: 4th October, 1965
Place of Birth : Pyin Oo Lwin
Address: No. 85, 8th floors, Hledan Main Road, Kamayut Township,Yangon.
• In 1993, B.Sc (Mathematics), Yangon University of Distance Education, Yangon.
• In 1997, DLIS(Diploma of Library and Information Studies), University of Yangon.
• In 2000, M.A. (Library and Information Studies), University of Yangon.
• In 2002, MRes (Library and Information Studies),University of Yangon.
• In 2006, M.A. (Master of Art Christian Studies),Myanmar Institute of Theology, Yangon.
• In 2010, Diploma in English, University of Yangon
• Certificate in Library Information Technology Worshop, Web Cataloging Workshop, Winnebago Library Software Course, Procedures for Converting the Current CDS/ISIS Database into a UNIMARC Format and Designing library program, American Centre(USIS),
• Certificate in Library Training Course, Arizona State University, Tampe, United States. (2014)
• Certificate in Library Training Course, Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, United States (2014)
• Certificate in Summer Institution Higher Education for Tomorrow, University of Hong Kong (2015)
• Certificate in Record and Archive Management, National Archives in Myanmar. (2005)
• Librarian, Universities’ Central Library (UCL), University of Yangon Campus, Yangon. (19-3-2012 to date)
• Assistant Librarian, UCL, University of Yangon Campus, Yangon. (2005 to 2012)
• Library Assistant Grande (1), UCL, University of Yangon Campus, Yangon. (1999 to 2005)
• Library Assistant, UCL, University of Yangon Campus, Yangon. (1998 to 1999)
• Part-time lecturer, Department of Library Management, National University of Arts and Culture, Yangon. (2012- )
• International Relation Officer, Myanmar Library Association, (2014- to date)
Summary of Professional skills and other expertise
Give e- Library Training and Digitization and processing of e-book Training to all Universities in Myanmar. Also help the church libraries and other organizations for promoting their e-library processing.
Responsible for the library system (ELIB software)
Responsible for e-library Myanmar Project for Universities’ Central Library and provide training to Students and faulty members. Occasionally I have to do leader of group discussion at Conference and Workshop.
Management of library activities, operations and resources: Plan, develop, direct and supervise library policy, budgeting, library collection, information services, library projects and human resources management. Responsible for digital collection and manuscripts which includes parabeiks, palms leaves and periodicals.
Technical services: Plan, direct and supervise collection development, acquisitions, gifts and exchange, cataloguing, classification and serials control.
Reader Services: supervise e-circulation service, develop and provide reference services (in person, via email and phone service), research support service, interlibrary loans (ILL) services, document delivery service, end-user orientations and trainings.
Library and end-user networks: Plan, promote, manage and provide technical assistance to library networks.
Design, develop and maintain library Websites and facebook.
Highly provide with the use of electronic information resources including CD-ROMs, online databases, and internet based information resources.
1. Ni Ni Naing, Daw (2013). Library Services, University of Yangon, Annual Magazine, 2013. Pp. 86-88
2. Ni Ni Naing, Daw (2012). Micro Finance, 80th Anniversary Magazine, 2012. Pp. 72-73
3. Ni Ni Naing, Daw (2007). Shadow of love, Diamond Jubilee Magazine, Judson Church, 2007. Pp. 115-116
4. Ni Ni Naing, Daw (2016). Selective Annotated Bibliography of Books, Theses and Dissertations on Myanmar Ethnic Groups (Shan and Kayin). Kyoto: Centre for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University, 2016.
Selective Annotated Bibliography of Books, Theses and Dissertations on Myanmar Ethnic Groups (Shan and Kayin)Selected-Annotated-Bibliography-of-Myanmar-Ethnic-Group-Shan-and-Kayin3-8-16